🐈Anyone looking to start keeping a cat as a pet? It could be really difficult to decide on a breed that will turn your mundane days into an unforgettable experience because there are so many breeds! Ooh… this one is really cute… but that one is really good too! Why is it so hard to decide? And… which breed of feline companion would suit me best?
That’s why Lifesara had put together 10 of the most popular breeds that Thai people kept as pets. We believe this will no doubt touch the souls of many feline worshippers across the realm! If your self-restraint for cute furry creatures is on the low side you might want to hang on tight because our list could definitely bound your soul to these adorable companions. Already intrigued? Let’s Gooo~~
PS. If you are interested, we have also provided pet store location for you. Prepare for cuteness overload! ✨
Let’s kick it off with the Siberian breed, a breed that hails from Russia and is a very rare sight in Thailand!
🐈Facts about Siberian
– This cat breed is suitable for indoor
– Loves getting groomed
– Should keep more than 1 around as the breed loves having a another Siberian as a companion
– This breed enjoys jumping; provide it with a lot of lofty space
– People who are allergic to cat’s hair can keep them as they have a lower concentration of Fel d1 protein,
– Should be kept indoors as their lifespan will 100% shot up to 17 years
– Siberian is a semi-longhair cat thus it can adapt to any weather and remain healthy in all conditions!
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Siberian
If you are looking to own a Siberian breed cat, we recommend visiting the “Winter Forest Cattery”
Moreover, Winter Forest Cattery also vaccinates these tiny angels before letting you pick them up!
FB : Winter Forest Siberian Cattery Thailand ฟาร์มแมวไซบีเรียนแท้ 100%
IG : Winter_Forest.Siberiancatt
LINE : Markayomz
Tel : 088-547-7898 | 088-000-4038
Email : Winterforestbkk@gmail.com
Let’s look at the next cat breed on the list; the Bengal.
🐈Facts about Bengal
– Give your Bengal companion plenty of space for exercise as they tend to be destructive
– The Bengal cat breed loves playing with water; outdoor activity might be required.
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Bengal
For anyone looking to own a Bengal
The farm also places an emphasis
FB : ONCE Bengals ฟาร์มแมวเบงกอล
Tel : 082-568-7400 ( Aan )
Line : oncebengals
Next up is the Ragdoll breed, a breed that can leave you spellbound.
🐈Fact about Ragdolls
– Can get along with all types of people
– VERY adaptable
– Suitable for apartments
– Thick fur but is easy to care for
– Not suitable for people who don’t like animal fur
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Ragdoll
If you are looking for a Ragdoll, look no further than “Royal Ragdoll Thailand”.
Royal Ragdoll Thailand also offers a 7-day quarantine service for all the kitty coming to Thailand with doctors on stand-by,
Persian and Exotic
Let’s move on to the Persian and the Exotic Shorthair variant. We believe this is the breed that many Thai want to have close to their heart figuratively and physically speaking.
The Persian breed and its Exotic variant are basically the same with the only exception being that the Exotic variant is a short-haired cat while the Persian breed has long hair. Both Persian and Exotic purebred will have a round face, large skull, big eyes, short body profile and legs that reminds you of the cuddly Doraemon. Such cuteness is tooooo much to bear!
🐈Fact about Persian and Exotic breeds
– They are a very friendly and endearing breed with zero aggression that can get along with children and everyone.
– As they have very dense and long hair as well as a very short face profile, they are not suitable for living outside as they will suffer from skin problems and are very prone to illness.
– The owner must spend at least 15 minutes everyday grooming and face cleaning as well as giving them a few love hugs.
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Persian
“Pink Pawtal” is a Persian and Exotic cattery that is ranked 1st in the world.!! This claim is backed with numerous competition awards from around the world. Pink Pawtal offers high quality Persian cats that are meticulously cared and pampered for while relaxing 24-7 in an air-conditioned room.
They also place a very high emphasis on cleanliness
– Every Persian cat from here will receive a complete dose of vaccine against Cat Flu, Leukaemia and rabies.
– A training course on caring for the cat from a professional cat nutritionist.
– Gift product set and food from Pink Pawtal, a premium grade cat grooming product.
These products and services are worth more than 30,000 Baht combined! Along with cat health and other cat issue advisory services for free!
For anyone looking to get these cuties as a friend or compete in a show, you can contact them for more information as well as the cattery is willing to give you extra information.
Next up, we have the tiger-like “Maine Coon” Anyone know this giant fluffball? That’s right! This is a big breed.
🐈Fact about Maine Coon
– Maine Coon has a lifespan of around 12-15 years depending on how it is cared for.
– Very friendly to children thus suitable for families with children.
– Due to their big size, parents might need to supervise when a toddler is playing with them.
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Maine Coon
Looking for a Maine Coon? Come along to “Winsochacoon Cattery”! A Maine Coon cattery run by an ordinary salaryman with a passion who had worked for over 20 years. The resulting Maine Coon are from the hardship and the experience he had built up along the way and, of course, his passion for these tiger-like fluffball. 🤣
This is arguably one of the most well-equipped Maine Coon cattery that is ready to share happiness as well as valuable advice on caring for these cats. With 12 years of experience caring for Maine Coon, you can be confident in the advice provided by Winsochacoon Cattery.
Now we came to another Meowtato that is very popular in Thailand, the Scottish Fold. Who can resist this cat breed’s folded ear, rounded face that is asking for a cuddle? Scottish Fold is also a very smart cat with a peaceful temperament but still retains a lot of playfulness and sensitivity.
🐈Fact about Scottish Fold
– Must keep more than a single cat at a time as they don’t like being alone
– This cat breed doesn’t cause any allergic reaction
– Should be kept indoors
– VERY friendly with children
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Scottish Fold
SundeMorning Cattery is the perfect place to head over if you are looking to own a Scottish Fold.
What’s more SundeMorning also participates in competition held by other associations
FB : SundeMorning Cattery – ฟาร์มแมว Scottish Fold & Highland Fold
IG : sundemorningcat
Line : sundemorningcat
Next, we have the British Shorthair, despite their cute appearance they were one of the oldest breeds in the UK!
🐈Fact about British Shorthair
– This cat breed loves rolling on a sofa
– Like its gentry English roots, this breed’s manner is exceptional
– Causes no allergic reaction
– More suited to indoor than outdoor, but taking them out once in a while is also beneficial
– Must always keep them clean
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Scottish
“Mantra Lullaby Cattery” is a cattery that curates high grade cats from foreign countries. If you are looking for a British Shorthair, check them out.
The cattery raises all their cats in a close environment and all the cats are always in a good mood.
FB : ฟาร์มแมว British Shorthair – Mantra Lullaby Cattery
Tel. 097-246-4987 (Nach)
Wichianmad (True Siamese Cat)
Let’s move on to the Wichien Maat (Siamese cat, Thai cat).
🐈Fact about Wichien Maat
– Suitable for both indoors and outdoors
– Always curious about their surroundings
– Loves communicating with you
– Very friendly towards humans and loves attention
– Require a lot of bathing (they might be very active)
– Doesn’t cause allergy
🐈For any hooman looking to own a Wichien Maat
If you want a Wichien Maat by your side, we recommend you check out Baan Khun Yai Wichien Maat cattery (ฟาร์มแมววิเชียรมาศบ้านคุณยาย) in Phitsanulok.
FB : แมววิเชียรมาศบ้านคุณยาย
For this spot we have the Sphynx,
🐈Fact about Sphynx
– Their lifespan is around 15-20 years
– Not suitable for a household with children or other animals as this cat breed enjoys being alone and only receiving attention from their owner.
– Sphynx prefers resting in a quiet place like a cat tree or a bed
– Should be kept indoors
Now, for our final cat breed,
🐈Fact about Turkish Angora
– The Turkish Angora is very proud of its fur; take good and frequent care of their coat
– This is a breed that absolutely loves toys. Frequently giving it a toy will ensure that it stay loyal to you (not the other way) 🤣